7th CPC recommendations to reduce House Rent Allowance
The 7th Central Pay Commission has been recommended to reduce the percentage of House Rent Allowance for all categories of Central Government employees rationalized to 24 percent, 16 percent and 8 percent of the Basic Pay for Class X, Y and Z cities respectively.
The Commission also recommends that the rate of HRA will be revised to 27 percent, 18 percent and 9 percent when DA crosses 50 percent, and further revised to 30 percent, 20 percent and 10 percent when DA crosses 100 percent.
- 7th Pay Commission proposes to increase House Rent Allowance of Central Government employees
- Issues related to House Rent Allowance : Views of Indian Audit & Accounts Department
- Analysis and Recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on House Rent Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission: Inflation Demands More HRA
- Cabinet approval on 7th CPC House Rent Allowance