Recommendations of Sixth CPC on Military service pay
This Sixth Central Pay Commission vide Paras 2.3.12, 2.3.14 and 2.3.26 of its report had recommended Military Service Pay (MSP) at the rate of Rs. 6000/- per month in respect of officers upto the level of Brigadier and Rs. 1000/- per month in respect of Personnel Below Officer Rank (PBOR) of the Defence Forces.
However, the Government while accepting the recommendations of the Commission had enhanced the MSP for PBOR to Rs. 2000/- per month.
The above information given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha on 25.07.2017.
- Para Military Service Pay to Central Armed Police Force at par with Army has been referred to the 7th Pay Commission
- Recommendations of Committee on Allowances on 7th CPC
- Military Service Pay (MSP) Equally to all Ranks
- 7th Central Pay Commission Pay hike – Govt will consider the report of Committee, says in Parliament
- Demand on Higher Military Service Pay (MSP) – Parliament Q&A