2% Additional DA from July 2018 Cabinet Approved Today
Today Union Cabinet approved to hike 2% Additional DA & DR for CG Employees and Pensioners with effect from July 2018
Cabinet approves additional 2 percent Dearness Allowance (DA) for Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners w.e.f. 1st July, 2018
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modihas approved to release an additional instalment of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to pensioners w.e.f. 01.07.2018 representing an increase of 2% over the existing rate of 7% of the Basic Pay/Pension, to compensate for price rise.
The combined impact on the exchequer on account of both Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief would be Rs.6112.20 crore per annum and Rs.4074.80 crore in the financial year 2018-19 (for a period of 08 months from July, 2018 to February, 2019).
This will benefit about 48.41 lakh Central Government employees and 62.03 lakh pensioners.
This increase is in accordance with the accepted formula, which is based on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission.
- 5% DA to CG Employees and Pensioners from July 2017 – 1% Additional DA Approved by Cabinet
- Cabinet approved 6% DA and DR for Central Govt Employees and Pensioners from Jan 2016
- CABINET APPROVED TO HIKE DA FROM 100% TO 107% FROM JULY 2014
- 1% Additional DA to CG Employees and Pensioners from July 2017 – Total DA 5%
- Cabinet approved 2% DA to CG Employees