Service of Strike Notice by NFIR Unions on the GMs of Zonal Railways/ Production Units
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110055
Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
No. II/95/Part VIII
The General Secretaries of
Affiliated Unions of NFIR
Sub: Service of Strike Notice by NFIR Unions on the GMs of Zonal Railways/ Production Units-reg.
Ref: (i)NFIR’s letter No. IV/NFIR/7th CPC/CORRES(MoF) dated 13/12/2015.
(ii)NFIR’s letter No. IV/NJCA(N)/2014/Part I dated 25/12/2015.
(iii) NFIR’s letter No. IV/NJCA(N)/2014/Part I dated 09/01/2016 & 09/02/2016.
Please refer to NFIR’s letters cited under reference wherein a model Strike Notice required to be served on the General Managers of Zonal Railways/Production Units on 11th March, 2016 as specified in Form L of Rule 71 of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 along with Charter of Demands (20+ 10 and 11+ 11 Points) have already been sent to you for necessary action.
In this connection, the Federation conveys that the affiliates should ensure the following:-
• The Strike Notice on Form L (prescribed under Rule 71 of the Industrial Disputes Act,
1947) in accordance with the provisions mentioned in sub-section (1) of Section (22) of the I.D. Act 1947..is required to be served on the respective General Managers of the Zonal Railways/Production Units on 11thMarch 2016 without fail.
• The Strike Notice should clearly mention the date of commencement of indefinite strike i.e. 11th April 2016 (6.00 A.M. onwards) and the reasons mentioned in the Annexure to the said strike notice (i.e. Charter of Demands).
• The Strike Notice is required to be signed and served by the General Secretary of the Union. Five workmen who are Office-Bearers of the Union are also required to counter- sign the Strike Notice as provided in the Act.
• According to the provisions of the constitution of respective affiliates, the competent body (General Council, General Body, Working Committee as the case may be) has to approve for resorting to Indefinite Strike. Wherever necessary the affiliates may convene emergency meetings for obtaining the approval for “Indefinite Strike” in order to serve Strike Notice on 11th March 2016 as decided by NJCA.
• Copy of the Strike Notice (duly counter signed by the five office bearers of the Union who are serving employees) and Annexures i.e. Charter of Demands is required to be addressed and sent to the following functionaries of the Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India.
(i) Assistant Labour Commissioner (Central——————- (Here enter office address of the Assistant Labour Commissioner (Central) in the local area concerned)
(ii) Regional Labour Commissioner (Central) ———————–Zone.
(iii)Chief Labour Commissioner (Central), New Delhi.
• A copy of the Strike Notice along with its enclosures served on the GM and others as mentioned above should be endorsed to the NFIR and sent by e-mail latest by 12th March 2016 (hard copy be sent through speed post).
• Wide publicity on the Charter of Demands needs to be given among Railway employees through pamphlets and posters in Hindi, English & other regional languages to mobilize the staff to go on strike.
• The NFIR’s and NJCA’s Charter of Demands (11+11) covers all issues. These may be attached to Strike Notice as enclosure.
Federation hopes that the affiliates would take all steps to mobilize Railway employees for launching indefinite strike.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Source : NFIR